Friday, June 21, 2013

Naomi's Garden

Several years ago I stopped at a yard sale on a back road to Pentwater.  I was fascinated by the extensive flower and vegetable gardens surrounding the house and out buildings.  I asked the owner, Naomi, if I could come back at another time and take pictures of all the beauty. 

She was kind enough to let me come another day and even though I knew pictures could not do it justice, I snapped away to my heart's content.  Naomi let me have free reign.

I saw an Amish like quality to her clothes line and took a few pictures.  She told me she was glad she put her underwear in the middle lines so they didn't show up in the photograph.

I am not a gardener, but only an observer of other people's talents with the soil.  There is something special about those who can make things grow and enjoy the process.  My grandmother was such a person.

Naomi's garden was a work of art.  I have some of it captured with photographs, but most of it is just a memory in my mind. 





Beauty all around in Naomi's garden.  A lovely place to visit and enjoy the fruits of a sweet woman's labor. 

 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment